Roads from Lanang up to Tibungco in the city’s northern second district will be closed for traffic on Sunday due to the Penong’s 5150 Triathlon, the chief traffic official said.
Dionisio Abude, head of the City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO), said both sides of the Daang Maharlika Highway from the corner of Waterfront Hotel in Lanang up to Tibungco will be closed from 4 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. However, the northbound lane, specifically from the corner of Waterfront Hotel in Lanang to DavSam Ferry Boat Terminal, will still be closed up to 12 noon.
Abude said only the southbound lane – the one going towards the city center – will be opened for two-way traffic from Lanang Junction Waterfront Hotel to DavSam Ferry Boat Terminal.
The triathlon comprises 10 kilometer run course, 40 km. bike course, and 1.5 km swim course.
The alternate road for light vehicles is via Crossing Bunawan to Mahayag to Acacia to Indangan to Cabantian and to Buhangin Proper (Underpass).
Meanwhile, another alternate road for trucks and buses is at Crossing Eliong to Acacia to Indangan and to Buhangin Proper.
“We already have distributed flyers and other information materials to various establishments like hotels, restaurants, subdivisions, churches, and others relative to our road closures,” Abude said.
He added that they also distributed the copy of the ordinance granting the road closures for the said sports event.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021