The City Council has passed a resolution expressing its “deepest condolences” to the bereaved family of veteran photojournalist Renato “Rene” B. Lumawag.
Councilor Pilar Braga, chair of the committee on education, science and technology, arts and culture, filed the measure during the first session of the 19th City Council last Tuesday.
The resolution, according to Braga, is to “thank and remember him (Lumawag) for his contribution to the art of photojournalism in Davao City.”
Lumawag, credited for the iconic photograph of the then young President Rodrigo Duterte, passed away last July 1 at the Davao Doctors Hospital after losing a six-year battle with prostate cancer.
A personal photographer of Pres. Duterte, Lumawag worked for the San Pedro Express, Peryodiko Dabaw, Sun Star, Philippine Daily Inquirer and this paper.
Last Wednesday evening, President Rodrigo Duterte, with Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go, visited his wake at the Davao Cosmopolitan Funeral Homes.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized