The City Council has passed a resolution expressing its “deepest condolences” to the bereaved family of veteran photojournalist Renato “Rene” B. Lumawag.
Councilor Pilar Braga, chair of the committee on education, science and technology, arts and culture, filed the measure during the first session of the 19th City Council last Tuesday.
The resolution, according to Braga, is to “thank and remember him (Lumawag) for his contribution to the art of photojournalism in Davao City.”
Lumawag, credited for the iconic photograph of the then young President Rodrigo Duterte, passed away last July 1 at the Davao Doctors Hospital after losing a six-year battle with prostate cancer.
A personal photographer of Pres. Duterte, Lumawag worked for the San Pedro Express, Peryodiko Dabaw, Sun Star, Philippine Daily Inquirer and this paper.
Last Wednesday evening, President Rodrigo Duterte, with Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go, visited his wake at the Davao Cosmopolitan Funeral Homes.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead