The City Council has passed a resolution expressing its “deepest condolences” to the bereaved family of veteran photojournalist Renato “Rene” B. Lumawag.
Councilor Pilar Braga, chair of the committee on education, science and technology, arts and culture, filed the measure during the first session of the 19th City Council last Tuesday.
The resolution, according to Braga, is to “thank and remember him (Lumawag) for his contribution to the art of photojournalism in Davao City.”
Lumawag, credited for the iconic photograph of the then young President Rodrigo Duterte, passed away last July 1 at the Davao Doctors Hospital after losing a six-year battle with prostate cancer.
A personal photographer of Pres. Duterte, Lumawag worked for the San Pedro Express, Peryodiko Dabaw, Sun Star, Philippine Daily Inquirer and this paper.
Last Wednesday evening, President Rodrigo Duterte, with Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go, visited his wake at the Davao Cosmopolitan Funeral Homes.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market