The Commission on Elections (Comelec) regional office is in the process of updating its systems as it is set to accept registration of new voters by next month.
“What do we do right now is we are updating our systems because it is provided in the law that we need to have clean, complete and updated (system) for our registrants,” Krisna Caballero, spokesperson of the Comelec here, said during the iSpeak media forum on Thursday.
Caballero said they are currently updating the list of the deactivated voters and the names of voters not found on the list. This process will continue until July 31, “because we just finished the previous election wherein we have many things that need to be done.”
Starting next month, everyone can already file applications for registration and other voter-related registration in preparation of the next election.
“On Aug. 1 until Sept. 30, this is based on our calendar of activities, that’s the time we are going to accept registration for the SK and barangay election,” she said.
Last election, the Comelec recorded 964,604 total number of voters in Davao City alone. Caballero said they are expecting a higher turnout of voters this time since the registration is open for individuals age 15 years old and older.
With the regards to the move for the postponement of May 2020 barangay and SK elections, Caballero said as long there is still no official mandate from the central office, they will continue to adhere to the original schedule.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?