The Commission on Elections (Comelec) regional office is in the process of updating its systems as it is set to accept registration of new voters by next month.
“What do we do right now is we are updating our systems because it is provided in the law that we need to have clean, complete and updated (system) for our registrants,” Krisna Caballero, spokesperson of the Comelec here, said during the iSpeak media forum on Thursday.
Caballero said they are currently updating the list of the deactivated voters and the names of voters not found on the list. This process will continue until July 31, “because we just finished the previous election wherein we have many things that need to be done.”
Starting next month, everyone can already file applications for registration and other voter-related registration in preparation of the next election.
“On Aug. 1 until Sept. 30, this is based on our calendar of activities, that’s the time we are going to accept registration for the SK and barangay election,” she said.
Last election, the Comelec recorded 964,604 total number of voters in Davao City alone. Caballero said they are expecting a higher turnout of voters this time since the registration is open for individuals age 15 years old and older.
With the regards to the move for the postponement of May 2020 barangay and SK elections, Caballero said as long there is still no official mandate from the central office, they will continue to adhere to the original schedule.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success