The Police Regional Office XI cannot confirm yet if the series of shooting incidents in Tagum City is related to the closed money investment scheme.
Maj. Jason Baria, the PRO XI spokesperson, yesterday said during the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya hotel that that’s one of the things they are looking at. However, the police are still conducting an investigation so any statement is premature.
“We are still verifying on what is really the motive of the incidents,” Baria said. “Once we can establish the motive, then we can know if there is a pattern.”
Nevertheless, he assured Tagum residents that the police are on top of the situation and that there’s no breakdown in peace and order.
One of the victims was a cameraman for the state-owned People’s Television Network in Davao del Norte. He was identified as Reymond Faciol, 28, a resident of Bunawan District, who was killed on Sunday afternoon.
According to the report, the victim was driving his motorcycle when he was shot multiple times by unknown assailants.
“They are still looking into other angle as the possible motive,” he said.
On Saturday noon, a staff of investment of Everarm was shot to death in circumferential road corner Suaybaguio, Barangay Magugpo North in Tagum City. Police identified the victim as Danilo del Campo Roberos, 36.
- Don’t Have a Bank Account Yet? 6 Reasons to Open One Today
- Affected families from monsoon waves get financial assistance
- PRO-XI tightens measures to secure Christmas season
- City starts distributing grocery packs through SafeDavao QR
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 9, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- DOTr awaiting funding for bike lane expansion
- Mayor thumbs down bid for ‘no vaccine, no entry’
- READY FOR OMICRON | City strengthening best practices vs COVID to thwart new threat
- ROUGH CUTS | Will our city college still be squatter?