The Police Regional Office XI cannot confirm yet if the series of shooting incidents in Tagum City is related to the closed money investment scheme.
Maj. Jason Baria, the PRO XI spokesperson, yesterday said during the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya hotel that that’s one of the things they are looking at. However, the police are still conducting an investigation so any statement is premature.
“We are still verifying on what is really the motive of the incidents,” Baria said. “Once we can establish the motive, then we can know if there is a pattern.”
Nevertheless, he assured Tagum residents that the police are on top of the situation and that there’s no breakdown in peace and order.
One of the victims was a cameraman for the state-owned People’s Television Network in Davao del Norte. He was identified as Reymond Faciol, 28, a resident of Bunawan District, who was killed on Sunday afternoon.
According to the report, the victim was driving his motorcycle when he was shot multiple times by unknown assailants.
“They are still looking into other angle as the possible motive,” he said.
On Saturday noon, a staff of investment of Everarm was shot to death in circumferential road corner Suaybaguio, Barangay Magugpo North in Tagum City. Police identified the victim as Danilo del Campo Roberos, 36.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission