Young entrepreneurs and dive buddies Dan Tan, Julie Louh, Pancho Pua, Omar Bansuan and Jaime Antepuesto initially just wanted a “tambayan” (hangout), which later evolved into a full fledged cafe and bar.
“We thought having a dive-inspired cafe but later decided to keep a Mindanawon theme since we’re serving locally produced coffee,” Antepuesto said.
In keeping up with its theme, the group commissioned local visual artist Kevin Marie Becira to do the cafe’s murals that highlighted cultural and agricultural elements of the region.
Aside from coffee, Kopi 82 (spelled as how we locals would pronounce “coffee” and 82, Davao City’s area code) also serves various brands of bottled and draft beer and wine as well pasta, sandiwiches and bar chows. The cafe is open from 9 AM to 1 AM daily.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market