Young entrepreneurs and dive buddies Dan Tan, Julie Louh, Pancho Pua, Omar Bansuan and Jaime Antepuesto initially just wanted a “tambayan” (hangout), which later evolved into a full fledged cafe and bar.
“We thought having a dive-inspired cafe but later decided to keep a Mindanawon theme since we’re serving locally produced coffee,” Antepuesto said.
In keeping up with its theme, the group commissioned local visual artist Kevin Marie Becira to do the cafe’s murals that highlighted cultural and agricultural elements of the region.
Aside from coffee, Kopi 82 (spelled as how we locals would pronounce “coffee” and 82, Davao City’s area code) also serves various brands of bottled and draft beer and wine as well pasta, sandiwiches and bar chows. The cafe is open from 9 AM to 1 AM daily.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year