A 33-year-old blacksmith was nabbed for allegedly selling illegal drugs worth over P100,000 and for illegal gun possession at a checkpoint in Licanan, Lasang, Bunawan District around 3 a.m., Wednesday.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, regional police director, identified the suspect as Julius Alacayde Labajo, 33, a resident of Purok 5, Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte.
He’s facing a case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) and RA 10591 (Illegal Possession of Firearms).
Confiscated from him were eight plastic sachets containing reported shabu with a total weight of 12 grams; improvised glass tube used as tooter with shabu residue, one .45 caliber pistol with serial number 653495 and ammunition.
The estimated market value of drugs recovered was P180,000.
Suspect is now in custody of Bunawan police for proper disposition.
“The PRO XI’s strict countermeasures are being implemented all throughout the region to deter the occurences of criminality,” Morales said.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online