A 33-year-old blacksmith was nabbed for allegedly selling illegal drugs worth over P100,000 and for illegal gun possession at a checkpoint in Licanan, Lasang, Bunawan District around 3 a.m., Wednesday.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, regional police director, identified the suspect as Julius Alacayde Labajo, 33, a resident of Purok 5, Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte.
He’s facing a case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) and RA 10591 (Illegal Possession of Firearms).
Confiscated from him were eight plastic sachets containing reported shabu with a total weight of 12 grams; improvised glass tube used as tooter with shabu residue, one .45 caliber pistol with serial number 653495 and ammunition.
The estimated market value of drugs recovered was P180,000.
Suspect is now in custody of Bunawan police for proper disposition.
“The PRO XI’s strict countermeasures are being implemented all throughout the region to deter the occurences of criminality,” Morales said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls