The informal sector of Davao Oriental received a livelihood grant from the government through the Integrated Livelihood Program (DILP) of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Region XI.
The province was recently awarded as “Best DILP Implementer for Local Government” during the Kabuhayan Awards 2019 held in Manila.
DILP is a flagship program of the agency that “seeks to contribute to poverty reduction and reduce the vulnerability to risks of the working poor, vulnerable and marginalized workers through emergency employment, promotion of entrepreneurship and community enterprises.”
A total of P2,250,000 was granted to the 340 low-income workers in the municipality of Boston last week which was intended for the Rural Community Enterprise Development and Enhancement Project that would benefit the recipients.
The grant which was handed to the Local Government Unit (LGU) officials of Boston, is envisioned to alleviate poverty through creation of additional self-employment opportunities which would increase productivity and income of the beneficiaries.
To further expand assistance and ensure sustainability of the livelihood projects among stakeholders, the central office recently introduced an online platform for informal sector workers and micro-entrepreneurs dubbed as DOLE Livelihood Beneficiaries Products Showcase (DLBPS).
Through the development of this free online market platform, selling and marketing capabilities of the beneficiaries of their locally manufactured products are made easier.
It also has a feature where buyers or customers can provide feedback or rate the marketed products which makes it easier for sellers to determine how to improve their products.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat