Communist rebels and supporters surrendered to the different units of the Eastern Mindanao Command on June 27 and 28.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said a team of CPP-NPA surrendered to the joint elements of 27th Infantry Battalion and Regional Intelligence Unit of Police Regional Office 12 in Sitio Matinong, Barangay Colongolo, Surallah, South Cotabato noon of June 28, 2019.
The five rebels were identified by their aliases as Boy Tigas, the team leader; along with Roco, Jomel, Jason, and Mikmik. They are now under the custody of Regional Intelligence Unit of the Police Regional Office XII for proper disposition and conduct of interview and debriefing.
On June 28, 2019 around 7 a.m., a group of five Milisyang Bayan members in Barangay Manipongol, Maco, Compostela Valley turned themselves to 71st IB in Barangay Nueva Visayas, Mawab.
In a separate instance, a certain alias P4, a member of the NPA in Talakag, Bukidnon surrendered to the elements of 65th Infantry Battalion at Sitio Patpat, Barangay Mambuaya, Cagayan de Oro City on June 27. He brought along his M1 Garand rifle and ammunition.
On the other hand, alias Reden, a team leader of the NPA in the boundary of Compostela Valley and Davao Norte, surrendered to the elements of 72nd IB in Malinan, Kidapawan City, North Cotabato on June 27, 2019.
A group of eight mass supporters, led by a member of Kilusang Rebolusyonario sa Barrio in Barangay Manipongol in Maco, dissociated from the NPA. They sought the help of Lt. Col. Estevyn Ducusin, the 71st IB commander, in Purok 8, Barangay Nueva Visayas, Mawab on June 28.
In Quezon Bukidnon, 10 underground mass organization (Ugmo) members surrendered to the Alpha Company, 88th IB in Sitio Buco, Barangay Banlag, Valencia City, and Barangay Magsaysay, Quezon, on June 28.
On June 27, 2019, a total of 94 members of the Ugmo in Surigao Del Norte appeared in four batches before the elements of 29th IB under Lt. Col. Allen Raymund Tomas. Twelve are from Barangay Tolingon, Mainit; 32 from Barangay Togbongon, Surigao City; 47 from Barangay Ima, Sison; and three from Barangay Mayag, Sison.
Meanwhile Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command, said, “While we are running after the armed group with our focused military operations, we have to stop the recruitment by helping and pushing the peace initiatives of different government agencies and LGUs.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success