Presidential son and City First District Rep. Paolo “Pulong” Duterte urged those who are eyeing to become the House Speaker to spare him from their issues.
In a statement sent to the media, Rep. Duterte called on anyone eyeing to run for speakership to the House of Representatives to stop dragging his name.
“Get me out of this filthy, menacing, rude, and discourteous politics,” the former city vice mayor said in his statement. He even emphasized while they are friends, it has its limitation.
“Our friendship does not license to use me to bare black propaganda against your competitors speak ill against their wife or their family,” he said.
In a recent report of an online politics news page, Rep. Duterte reportedly caught speakership candidate Marinduque Rep. Lord Allan Jay Velasco’s wife to have been glaring at Pulong’s father President Rodrigo Duterte.
The wife was allegedly dismayed after the President said he will be neutral in the speakership race.
“To my fellow legislators, while I am new, I think that what is happening now must serve as a reminder on choosing our leaders in the Congress,” he said.
Rep. Duterte also urged to choose a leader who respects others, especially the female even if it is the wife of a rival.
“Let us choose a leader who will not serve on his personal interest but will stand for the truth and support the Duterte administration to push for their agenda for the positive change of the country,” he added.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market