Presidential son and City First District Rep. Paolo “Pulong” Duterte urged those who are eyeing to become the House Speaker to spare him from their issues.
In a statement sent to the media, Rep. Duterte called on anyone eyeing to run for speakership to the House of Representatives to stop dragging his name.
“Get me out of this filthy, menacing, rude, and discourteous politics,” the former city vice mayor said in his statement. He even emphasized while they are friends, it has its limitation.
“Our friendship does not license to use me to bare black propaganda against your competitors speak ill against their wife or their family,” he said.
In a recent report of an online politics news page, Rep. Duterte reportedly caught speakership candidate Marinduque Rep. Lord Allan Jay Velasco’s wife to have been glaring at Pulong’s father President Rodrigo Duterte.
The wife was allegedly dismayed after the President said he will be neutral in the speakership race.
“To my fellow legislators, while I am new, I think that what is happening now must serve as a reminder on choosing our leaders in the Congress,” he said.
Rep. Duterte also urged to choose a leader who respects others, especially the female even if it is the wife of a rival.
“Let us choose a leader who will not serve on his personal interest but will stand for the truth and support the Duterte administration to push for their agenda for the positive change of the country,” he added.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach