A total of 450 violators were arrested in the city in the past week.
In just one day, police rounded up 233 traffic violators during the conduct of Oplan: Lambat Bitag Sasakyan on Thursday.
From June 19 to 27, city police also arrested 217 suspects in its week-long major police operations against illegal drug suspects and wanted persons that also resulted to one fatality.
Col. Alexander Tagum, director of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said the special operation teams from the different intelligence units and the 12 police stations simultaneously conducted the major anti-criminality, terrorism and clearing operation from June 19-27.
Tagum said they conducted 22 buy-bust operations, resulted to the death of one suspect and the arrest of 24 others.
In the serving of warrant of arrest, he said the conducted 58 operations and arrested 69 persons.
Among those arrested are facing charges such as murder, rape, qualified theft, illegal gambling, child abuse, and grave coercion.
In its operation against Robbery, Akyat Bahay, Theft, Snatching (R.A.T.S), 13 were arrested in 12 operations.
There were 44 responses on various police calls, resulting to the arrest of 110 persons. These included cases on stabbing, alarm and scandal, illegal gambling, illegal possession of deadly weapon, falsification of public document, physical injury, and malicious mischief.
In the Oplan: Lambat Bitag Sasakyan on Thursday, Tagum said 186 suspected violators were issued with citation tickets and 47 were issued with temporary operators permit.
He said the drive aims to clear the city of suspected stolen and unregistered vehicles, and erring drivers.
Other law enforcement units aiding the DCPO in Oplan Bitag included Task Force Davao, Land Transportation Office, Land Transportation and Franchising Regulatory Board, and City Transport and Traffic Management Office.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market