The Davao Region achieved a higher number of targeted beneficiaries on the Social Pension for Indigent Senior Citizens Program for 2019 with more than 200,000 reached compared to the previous years.
The list of potential social pensioners is based on the results of the the Department of Social Welfare and Development’s Listahanan national assessment per the endorsement of local government units.
Arris P. Medrano, DSWD XI head of the Social Pension Unit, said this year’s 254,526 beneficiaries is way higher than the previous years.
In 2016, the agency helped 85,532 social pensioners. In 2017, there were 136,067 pensioners covered by the agency while in 2018, the DSWD also reached out to almost the same number the preceding year.
The agency expects to complete the payout for all listed pensioners, with an an allocation ofP6,000 per beneficiary, not later than third quarter this year.
“Those who have been included in the payroll were subjected to eligibility assessment and validation, for us to ensure that only qualified senior citizens will benefit,” Medrano said.
This Social Pension Program for Indigent Senior Citizens is formulated solely for poor older persons who are not receiving pension from any government or private institution. This program is also a boost to the full implementation of RA 9994 or the Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010.
Through this program, pensioners will be getting a monthly stipend of P500 to augment their daily subsistence and other medical needs.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories