The Davao Region achieved a higher number of targeted beneficiaries on the Social Pension for Indigent Senior Citizens Program for 2019 with more than 200,000 reached compared to the previous years.
The list of potential social pensioners is based on the results of the the Department of Social Welfare and Development’s Listahanan national assessment per the endorsement of local government units.
Arris P. Medrano, DSWD XI head of the Social Pension Unit, said this year’s 254,526 beneficiaries is way higher than the previous years.
In 2016, the agency helped 85,532 social pensioners. In 2017, there were 136,067 pensioners covered by the agency while in 2018, the DSWD also reached out to almost the same number the preceding year.
The agency expects to complete the payout for all listed pensioners, with an an allocation ofP6,000 per beneficiary, not later than third quarter this year.
“Those who have been included in the payroll were subjected to eligibility assessment and validation, for us to ensure that only qualified senior citizens will benefit,” Medrano said.
This Social Pension Program for Indigent Senior Citizens is formulated solely for poor older persons who are not receiving pension from any government or private institution. This program is also a boost to the full implementation of RA 9994 or the Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010.
Through this program, pensioners will be getting a monthly stipend of P500 to augment their daily subsistence and other medical needs.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success