A suspected drug pusher was killed by agents of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) when he allegedly fought during a buy-bust operation in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District last Wednesday night.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, Toril Police Station commander, identified the fatality as Kemper John Gonzaga Sumping, alias Muklo, 29, single, unemployed and resident of Inawayan Beach, Sta. Cruz, Davao Del Sur.
Clamor said Sumping was under their drug watch list. The suspect allegedly operated in the boundary of the city and Davao del Sur, just outside the detachment of the Task Force Davao (TFD).
The Clamor-led drug enforcement team of DCPO’s Toril Police Station, in coordination with Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), conducted the operation in Purok 2, Kamongayan, Sirawan.
An undercover officer was able to buy a sachet of shabu for P1,000 around 7:50 p.m. Wednesday.
But the target, apparently sensing the buyer was a policeman, drew a firearm and subsequently shot the operative.
The backup operatives were able to retaliate.
However, the target managed to run towards the interior part of the sitio and an exchange of fire ensued.
The target sustained gunshot wounds in his chest and feet.
Operatives then rushed the wounded target to the nearest hospital in Toril.
However, he was transferred to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC).
He was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician at the SPMC.
The Scene of Crime Operatives (SOCO) team led by Chief Insp. Nelson Selveron were able to recover a .38 revolver, loaded with three live ammunition and three fired cartridges cases of .38 caliber and one fired cartridge case of 9mm.
Police recovered from the suspect’s possession three medium-sized sachets, containing substance believed to be shabu, placed in a brown coin pouch found in his left pocket.
A small-sized sachet, containing residue of suspected shabu, was also found.
The recovered drug items was estimated to worth P19,000.
The buy-bust marked money was also found in the short pant of the suspect.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market