Some streets in the downtown area will be closed on Friday and Saturday, June 28 and June 29, in time for the 171st Parochial Fiesta of San Pedro Cathedral.
The City Council passed an ordinance on Tuesday under suspended rules, with Councilor Conrado Baluran as proponent.
Based on the ordinance, there will be a temporary closure of road from the San Pedro Cathedral passing through C.M. Recto Avenue Roxas Extension (along Marco Polo), Ponciano Street, Palma Gil Street, Legaspi Street, Magallanes Street, Bonifacio monument rotunda on June 28 at 3 p.m.
Another temporary road closure for Bolton Street and C.M. Recto Street (fronting the cathedral only) will be on June 29, Saturday, from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the whole day.
Parish administrator Leonardo Vicente requested for the legislation that will grant for the permit of the conduct of the said activities. It was also favorably recommended by the City Transport and Traffic Management (CTTMO) and the council of Barangay 38-D.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again