Some streets in the downtown area will be closed on Friday and Saturday, June 28 and June 29, in time for the 171st Parochial Fiesta of San Pedro Cathedral.
The City Council passed an ordinance on Tuesday under suspended rules, with Councilor Conrado Baluran as proponent.
Based on the ordinance, there will be a temporary closure of road from the San Pedro Cathedral passing through C.M. Recto Avenue Roxas Extension (along Marco Polo), Ponciano Street, Palma Gil Street, Legaspi Street, Magallanes Street, Bonifacio monument rotunda on June 28 at 3 p.m.
Another temporary road closure for Bolton Street and C.M. Recto Street (fronting the cathedral only) will be on June 29, Saturday, from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the whole day.
Parish administrator Leonardo Vicente requested for the legislation that will grant for the permit of the conduct of the said activities. It was also favorably recommended by the City Transport and Traffic Management (CTTMO) and the council of Barangay 38-D.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls