The Davao Region has drawn interest from foreign investors following the two-day Davao Investment Conference last week, officials of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc. (DCCCII) revealed yesterday.
Arturo Milan, president of the group, said during the weekly Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape –Abreeza that more foreign investors are coming to the Davao Region and other parts of Mindanao to explore investment potentials.
The recently-concluded event was able to entice 589 delegates from 18 countries, seven of them were represented by their ambassadors.
“This was the first time we have to handle a delegation as big as this. It was a bit of a challenge but we were able to make sure that they came in and made the most of their stay in the conference,” said John Carlo Tria, executive vice president of the group.
Milan said representatives of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) will be coming to the city on Thursday while those from Thailand will arrive the day after.
“The Taiwanese, they signified coming in October. They would bring 34 manufacturers to present their products. We have also the Malaysians who are planning to come for a trade mission,” Milan added.
Last Tuesday, the group also welcomed Chinese investors who were planning to put up a manufacturing plant for electric motorcycles and scooters in the city.
Tria said there also other companies who were not able to join the conference who signified their interest to venture in Mindanao.
“That being the case, the challenge is on the business community now and what we would like to share is there would be a lot of discussions and partnerships and we hope to help our business community to be prepared of the heightened interest,” he said.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos