The Davao Region has drawn interest from foreign investors following the two-day Davao Investment Conference last week, officials of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc. (DCCCII) revealed yesterday.
Arturo Milan, president of the group, said during the weekly Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape –Abreeza that more foreign investors are coming to the Davao Region and other parts of Mindanao to explore investment potentials.
The recently-concluded event was able to entice 589 delegates from 18 countries, seven of them were represented by their ambassadors.
“This was the first time we have to handle a delegation as big as this. It was a bit of a challenge but we were able to make sure that they came in and made the most of their stay in the conference,” said John Carlo Tria, executive vice president of the group.
Milan said representatives of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) will be coming to the city on Thursday while those from Thailand will arrive the day after.
“The Taiwanese, they signified coming in October. They would bring 34 manufacturers to present their products. We have also the Malaysians who are planning to come for a trade mission,” Milan added.
Last Tuesday, the group also welcomed Chinese investors who were planning to put up a manufacturing plant for electric motorcycles and scooters in the city.
Tria said there also other companies who were not able to join the conference who signified their interest to venture in Mindanao.
“That being the case, the challenge is on the business community now and what we would like to share is there would be a lot of discussions and partnerships and we hope to help our business community to be prepared of the heightened interest,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success