The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) XI warned public employees against criticizing the administration on social media for the closure order on Kapa Ministry Inc.
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Alex Roldan, DILG XI regional director, said he monitored on Facebook some posts of government workers expressing their displeasure over the order to shut down the group.
“What is not welcome and saddens me is the posting over social media made by government employees for its decision to stop the scam,” Roldan said.
“They are not careful because Facebook can be (used as) an evidence,” he said.
He said state employees took an oath of office and they bind themselves to be loyal to the government. “If you want to criticize the government, you should get out of the government.”
“I hope that the Civil Service Commission will look into it, ” he said.
He raised the matter to Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año to come up with a policy because there are several police, military personnel, and government workers who invested in Kapa and other get-rich-quick schemes.
The erring government worker can be suspended or terminated from work.
“You cannot threaten the government because it’s not good to hear your working for the government then criticizing it, ” he added.
Instead, he advised government workers to join financial Iiteracy classes so they can take care of their money better.
He also questioned why local government units continue to tolerate the practice when they should be at the forefront of protecting the public against these pyramiding schemes. He said these LGUs might also be liable because they played a role in perpetuating these scams.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?