Youth from the sectors of the Lumad, persons with disabilities, and out of school youth (OSY) are among the target recipients of a series of talks to be held at the SMX Convention Center at SM Lanang Premier today.
The Youth Entrepreneurship program aims to speak with at least 500 youths coming from all over Mindanao in talks featuring successful youth leaders in business.
Marie Ann How, small and medium enterprises development division chief at the Department of Trade and Industry, told reporters at the Connect media forum at SM Lanang Premier that the programs include business matching as well as the sharing of best practices among emerging and established businesses led by youth.
“The program is nationwide to help our young Filipinos develop their skills. by offering a comprehensive package of interventions,” she said.
How said that the Philippine government is targeting to double the number of youth entrepreneurs by 2020.
According to the official, with population growth poised to increase from 30.3 million in 2017 to 32 million by 2022, the number of youth coming from a 2022 population of around 110 million would still play at 29%.
This translates to 32 million youth by 2022.
The median age of total population, she said, was estimated to be at least 24.3 years.
“We take into account the DTI’s `Seven Ms,’ she said, referring to
mindset change, mastery, mentoring, machine, money, market access, and models of business.
The DTI official said the agency was hopeful about the need for the youth to be educated about running small businesses.
“Among the most requested topics in our Negosyo Centers is financial literacy,” she said.
“The youth could also help out in giving more opportunities by creating jobs when they go into business.”
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission