Outgoing Vice Mayor Bernard Al-ag wants the incoming 19th City Council to prioritize the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and pass legislative measures that will protect the environment.
“The 19th council, I suggest, should review the land use plan of the city because it’s already old. They must also continue to proactively pass legislative measures to protect the environment,” Al-ag said.
Other than the environment, Al-ag also expressed his hopes that the incoming city council will push for measures to promote development in the city.
He also expressed his willingness to help the neophyte councilors, including the incoming vice mayor Sebastian Duterte.
“Good luck and I am hoping that your team will work together for the benefit of the Dabawenyos,” he said as a message to the incoming 19th City Council. “If they will ask for my help, I am a hundred percent willing to extend my help to them.”
However, he said the neophyte councilors will undergo a workshop and training to know the house rules and their responsibilities as legislators.
“It’s basic for any council to have their executive legeslative agenda meeting on their first few months and then they will have their training with the help of the Department of Interior and Local Government,” he said.
Al-ag took over the post left behind by former vice mayor Paolo Duterte who resigned on Dec. 25, 2017.
“I will go back to my private life and will take care of our business, as well as our family,” Al-ag said.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos