The Population and Development (PopCom) XI encouraged individuals and institutions to participate in the Search for Outstanding Population Officers, Workers and Structures for 2019.
The search aims to distinguish, recognize, and promote replicable innovations and effective strategies relative to the Philippine Population Management Program (PPMP) directional plan.
“This will be a search similar to Rafael M. Salas Population and Development Award before wherein we will be awarding the outstanding local population workers at all levels, from city, municipal, provincial, and even barangay wokers,” PopCom XI regional director Bai Agnes Duruin Sampulna said on Monday.
The award has two major categories: for the local population officer and workers; and second is the local population office.
She said local government are obliged to promote the PPMP, thus all the accomplishments of the nominees will be screened and evaluated properly to identify the qualified local officers for the inter-regional awarding.
Through this, the agency believed that the recognition can help sustain the resolve and motivation for the local population officers in attaining the goals and objective of the program.
Interested individuals and institutions can submit their nominations to the PopCom XI regional office not later than July 30, 2019. Among the nominees, the agency will award the top five participants from each of the categories. All the top awardees will be forwarded to the central office in September as the regional entry for the national award.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos