A new People’s Army commander, together with his wife and two others, surrendered to the 30th Infantry Battalion in Surigao del Norte on Sunday afternoon.
1Lt. Ken Enciso, the Civil-Military Operations officer of 30th IB, identified their leader as alias Noname, 37, the commanding officer of Sandatahang Yunit Pampropaganda 16B1 (SYP16B1), Guerilla Front 16 (GF16) North Easthern Mindanao Regional Committee (NEMRC) operating in Surigao City, San Francisco, Taganaan, and Sison, all of Surigao del Norte.
He also brought with him his wife, alias Rose, 21, political instructor of SYP 16B1; alias Archie, 35, political instructor of SYPB2; and alias Michael, 27, assistant team leader, Squad Dos, SYP16B1.
They also surrendered two M14 rifles, one M4-CiS rifle, one AR15 M16A1 rifle, four M14 magazines, two M16 short magazines, two anti-personnel mines, (111) 5.56mm ammunition, and (64) 7.62mm ammo.
According to the military, the NPA commanding officer is in charge of the tactical offensive and terroristic attacks on civilian properties, while a political instructor is tasked with organizing the communities so the rebels will have mass support. The political instructor is also responsible for recruiting new members.
According to Noname, their organization is falling apart after losing the support of the masses. He also said that he’s already tired of hiding and being away from his family.
He also called on the communities to stop supporting the rebels. “They are just playing all of us for fools,” he said.
Lt. Col. Allen Raymund C. Tomas, commanding officer the 30th IB, said, “This is a big blow to GF16. Losing alias Noname, the CO of SYP16B, would be a demoralizing factor among their ranks.”
In his statement, Col Maurito L. Licudine, commander of the 402nd Infantry Brigade in Caraga, said, “The surrender of a high-ranking commander with other middle-rank leaders is a clear indication that the NPAs in the said area are already disintegrating.”
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1