The newly installed chief of the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB XI) vows to prioritize the Public Utility Vehicle Modernization Plan and the crackdown on colorum vehicles.
At the sidelines of the installation program at Brokenshire hotel Monday, LTFRB XI regional director Armand Dioso said he will take on the challenge of the PUVMP, particularly the High Priority Bus System.
“We are really after PUVMP because this is the mandate of the President for the convenience of our commuters,” Dioso said in an interview.
Dioso also said the enforcement of the law against illegally operating vehicles will continue under his term.
“Of course, colorum vehicles are really dangerous. They hold the lives of their passengers yet they ply their routes without insurance. It also unfair to our operators who took time to follow up their franchise in the office yet others can simply operate without legal papers,” he said.
“We will establish connections with other agencies to strengthen the crackdown against the colorum especially those which are fly-by-night. I observed that they are existing,” he added.
Dioso also eyes to closely study the establishment of more routes within the region.
“Every month we have to submit eight possible routes for the approval of the central office. After which, we will launch the new routes for possible franchise,” he said.
Dioso was previously the prosecutor of Davao Oriental before being installed as the new LTFRB XI regional director.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market