The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board in Davao Region (LTFRB-XI) has urged public utility drivers to claim their Pantawid Pasada Program (PPP) cash cards for 2018 now before the month ends or risk losing them.
In a press conference at Brokenshire Hotel Monday, former LTFRB OIC regional director Cattleya Acaylar said they are still at 84% distribution rate from around 5,000 cards as of June 21, 2019.
LTFRB Chair Martin Delgra said they will have to close the 2018 budget for the PPP cash cards so they can process the new list for the distribution of cash cards this year.
“What we are distributing until now is the subsidy for 2018 but we have to close this so that we can acquire the budget for 2019,” he said.
Delgra said they are looking at the end of the month to end the 2018 budget.
“The 2018 budget provides P5,000 per unit. We proposed for a P20,000 budget per unit for the 2019 budget. Hopefully, we will be able to distribute that beginning the second semester of 2019,” he said.
Those who will not be able to claim the 2018 PPP cash card before the end of the month will no longer be able to claim it, Delgra said.
According to Acaylar, they constantly reach out to the operators but a lot of the cash cards remain unclaimed.
“We are targeting to distribute all of the cards. We have been contacting all the operators yet they have so many reasons as to why they can’t claim their cards when we have been doing our best to contact them,” said Acaylar, a lawyer who is now re-assigned at the LTFRB XI legal office.
“The only thing they have to do is to go to Landbank to claim their cards,” she added.
Meanwhile, Delgra explained that owners of lost cards may proceed to LTFRB so they can get another card.
“Another card may be issued, I think there is a minimal charge of about P100 to P150,” he said.
The said PPP cash cards serve as fuel subsidy that help operators and drivers from the increasing prices of petroleum products.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market