The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) 11 served 38,996 individuals during the first semester of 2019 as part of the implementation of assistance to individuals and families in crisis situation.
The agency disbursed a total of P132,420,444.44 from January to June for material assistance like transportation, medical, burial, educational, and financial through the Crisis Intervention Unit, a special unit of the DSWD Field Offices operating 24/7 to immediately respond to cases of individuals and families in crisis situations.
Mercedita P. Jabagat, DSWD XI regional director, said that other than the financial and material assistance, they also provide “psychosocial intervention and referrals to other agencies for services not available in DSWD.”
Services are offered to individuals and families who are indigent, vulnerable, disadvantaged, in crisis or in any difficult situation, as well as transients, repatriates, deportees, abandoned, student-in-crisis, former rebels, and families of personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines who were either killed-in-action or wounded-in-action.
Meanwhile, the agency is continuously accepting beneficiaries to be included in the disbursement for the second semester.
Individuals seeking assistance must present any valid Identification card and barangay certificate. They should also bring with them the following documents: medical certificate, hospital billing, doctor’s prescription, and laboratory request for medical assistance. For burial, they need the death certificate and funeral contract; and for enrollment assessment form, validated school ID, and statement of account for educational assistance.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos