The Police Regional Office (PRO) will educate its personnel on their health maintenance as more than 130 cases of various kidney diseases affecting officers were recorded last year.
Col. Mark Solero, chief of the PRO’s Regional Health Service XI, is hoping that the education drive will decrease the kidney cases among its personnel.
“I was shocked (when) I found out that kidney-related diseases ranked fifth in the top 10 diseases,” said Solero who assumed the post last January.
The PNP and its hospital partner, the Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF), observed the National Kidney Month with Dr. Maria Theresa Bad-ang, a physician specializing in internal medicine-nephrology at DMSF, as guest speaker in its activity held at the Bagani Hall of Camp Sgt. Quintin Merecido on Friday.
“Since we are seeing many patients with kidney disease we have this campaign,” Bad-ang said.
“Many policemen undergo dialysis.”
“We don’t want them to die on kidney disease,” the doctor said.
Former police director general and incoming senator Ronald Dela Rosa, in his message as the guest of honor, reminded police officers to be extra careful with their health, particularly their kidney.
Dela Rosa said they will talk to their doctors to come up with measures and interventions so that kidney cases will go down this year.
He lamented that most policemen are not well educated on the maintenance of their health.
“If they abuse themselves… they might go to the hospital,” Dela Rosa said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success