The existing pay-per-use restroom at the Davao City Overland Transport Terminal (DCOTT) will continue to operate even with the implementation of Republic Act 11311, the act that improves transport terminals, the head of city terminal said.
“They will still exist because they are our long-term concessionaires,” said DCOTT manager Aisa Usop.
Instead, the DCOTT chief said they are building new restrooms that will be free for public use in compliance to RA 11311, which mandates free sanitation facilities at the terminal.
“We have separate comfort rooms for persons with disabilities, male and female. We also have diaper-changing tables inside the female CRs,” Usop said adding that those are nearing completion.
Usop said other facilities mandated under RA 11311 are already available such as the lactating room for breastfeeding mothers and a passenger lounge.
“We have long installed breastfeeding rooms here at the terminal. As I remember, we are even among the pioneers of the installation of breastfeeding stations among all terminals,” she said.
She said they have already installed 50 new five-seater benches at the terminal.
“Aside from our benches in front of our bus bases, we also have a fully air-conditioned passengers’ lounge where they can also savor snacks from the food kiosks inside,” Usop added.
On the free WiFi connection, Usop said she has still to bring the matter to the DCOTT board meeting next month.
“It is sad we still lack the free internet WiFi connection,” she admitted.
“I remember, the city government installed free WiFi to government facilities including the Sangguniang Panlungsod grounds and other parks, and there was even a plan to include the DCOTT but I still have to determine yet why it was not pushed through,” she said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021