After 10 months of hiding, a homicide convict who escaped from the Davao Prison and Penal Farm, popularly known as Davao Penal Colony (Dapecol), in Panabo City, Davao del Norte, was recaptured by the authorities in Makilala, North Cotabato Saturday afternoon.
PRO 11 Regional Director Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales identified the rearrested fugitive as Danny Boy Cabra Cabrera, alias Gamay Cabrera, 33, single and resident of Bucana, Barangay 76-A, Talomo District.
Morales said a background check revealed that Cabrera escaped from Dapecol on August 3, 2018. He was jailed for a homicide case filed before the Regional Trial Court Branch (RTC) 17 in the city.
Cabrera’s arrest came after he was implicated in a series of carnapping and robbery incidents in Davao del Sur.
Police operative of Sta Cruz town in Davao del Sur conducted the operation after receiving a tip from informer that the suspect was sighted in Purok 4, Barangay Batasan, Makilala in possession of a stolen motorcycle.
During the arrest, police recovered a black Honda RS 125 motorcycle, with engine number KPG 10E018201, said to have been stolen last December in Inawayan, Sta Cruz.
Police are now preparing charges against Cabrera for escaping from jail and for carnapping.
Morales commended the police team that arrested the fugitive.
“The success of this operation is attributed to the our intensified campaign against persons wanted by the law, the strong partnership between the police, other security forces and the community,” Morales said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon