The Regional Land Transportation Office (LTO) is hopeful that the license plate backlog will be solved within the year as there are already five plate-making plants that are simultaneously operating in the central office.
“One machine can print roughly around 24,000 plates a day so I guess at the end of this year, this (backlog) can be addressed totally and nationally,” said LTO 11 Assistant Regional Director Neil Cañedo.
Last March, the central office also acquired new robotic plate production machines, which is capable of manufacturing up to 700 license plates per hour. In its eight-hour shift a day, the machine can produce 5,600 plates. With this, the central office assures that there would no plate backlog in 2020.
As of March, LTO already produced 1.7 million vehicle plates to address the eight million backlogs.
Moreover, Cañedo said they are working on making sure all four-wheeled vehicles are already registered for the issuance of licensed plates prior to its release from the dealerships.
Jun Antonio, chief of the LTO 11 Law Enforcement Division, said most of the motorists failed to claim their plates because they are not notified by their dealers.
Cañedo reminded the motorists who registered from July 2016 to 2017 to claim their plates already as there are still 3,800 unclaimed license plates in their office. LTO 11 already started to flag-down and apprehend motorists without plates since the first quarter of this year.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success