City Mayor Sara Duterte yesterday vowed to further improve security aspect and increase the overall economic growth of the city as she took her oath for her third term as city mayor during the inauguration of local government officials on Friday.
For her third term as mayor, among her goal is for the city to be 100% insurgency-free by 2020 and to further reduce poverty incidence.
In the incoming weeks, she said the executive department will meet with the city council to plant out programs that the elected officials will espouse and implement in the next three years.
“I will end this term and start a new one with an assessment that while much have been accomplished, much more are yet to be done,” Duterte said.
She also noted that for the past three years there have been an impressive economic acceleration for the entire region, making it the second best performing region in the country in terms of gross regional domestic product with a growth of 8.6% last year.
In the next three years, she said the city’s development will be guided by the Infrastructure Modernization for Davao City (IM4Davao) projects conceptualized with the assistance of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
“We are grateful to our partners from the private sector and from the international community who are helping us achieve the goals we have set for Davao City,” she said.
She also assured that as the city welcomes robust economy, sustainable development and quality of life will always be the top priority.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos