Police seized more than P1.5 million worth of shabu from a 42-year-old driver in a buy-bust operation conducted in San Rafael Village, Barangay 9-A, Poblacion District around 11 p.m. Thursday.
Major Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana Police Station, identified the suspect as Akmad Talaba Arab, married, a resident of San Rafael Village.
Uyanguren said the suspect was arrested after an undercover police buyer was able to buy one sachet of shabu for P1,000.
During the body frisking, the agent confiscated five packs that allegedly contained a total of 400 grams of suspected shabu worth P1.5 million from the suspect’s sling bag.
Uyanguren said the suspect, included in the police drug watch list, is considered as high level target operating in the city.
A street-level drug suspect was also arrested in Poblacion District on Wednesday.
Police arrested Celesthil Dingcong Nani, alias Abdul, 43, of Block 74, Piapi-Bouevard, Barangay 21-C, midnight of June 19.
The drug enforcement team of San Pedro Police Station and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency confiscated 11 sachets, suspected to contain shabu, with an estimated weight of three grams worth P30, 000.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, regional director, lauded the operating teams for the accomplishments.
He said the arrest the suspects “will reduce the distribution of illegal drugs in the city.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success