Police seized more than P1.5 million worth of shabu from a 42-year-old driver in a buy-bust operation conducted in San Rafael Village, Barangay 9-A, Poblacion District around 11 p.m. Thursday.
Major Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana Police Station, identified the suspect as Akmad Talaba Arab, married, a resident of San Rafael Village.
Uyanguren said the suspect was arrested after an undercover police buyer was able to buy one sachet of shabu for P1,000.
During the body frisking, the agent confiscated five packs that allegedly contained a total of 400 grams of suspected shabu worth P1.5 million from the suspect’s sling bag.
Uyanguren said the suspect, included in the police drug watch list, is considered as high level target operating in the city.
A street-level drug suspect was also arrested in Poblacion District on Wednesday.
Police arrested Celesthil Dingcong Nani, alias Abdul, 43, of Block 74, Piapi-Bouevard, Barangay 21-C, midnight of June 19.
The drug enforcement team of San Pedro Police Station and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency confiscated 11 sachets, suspected to contain shabu, with an estimated weight of three grams worth P30, 000.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, regional director, lauded the operating teams for the accomplishments.
He said the arrest the suspects “will reduce the distribution of illegal drugs in the city.”
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories