Foreign investors have become more in exploring Mindanao and appreciating its resiliency as they attended Davao Investment Conference 2019 for the first time said Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (DCCCII) official during the event.
DCCCII president Arturo Milan said there are six ambassadors of the European Union member-countries and another six from other attended the event unlike previous holding of the two-day and that these officials of foreign countries are showing interests by signifying their attendance right after receiving the invitation.
Milan said their presence is important for them to realize that it is safe to travel in this part of Mindanao. He said the ambassadors are observing the region in terms of security issues “especially that we are still under Martial Law in Mindanao.”
“They used to issue negative travel advisories … that is why even in our trade mission we really targeted countries that frequently issue negative travel advisories in Mindanao,” Milan said during the press conference following the opening ceremonies of the event yesterday.
He added that they really needed to come and witness what really Davao is. “For me that is an indication that once they leave Davao, that will change their perception not only for Davao but as well as the other parts of Mindanao,” he added.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant