Three communist rebels under a certain Kidlat were captured during a combat operation launched by the troops of the 27th Infantry Battalion in Sitio Pangi, Barangay Lunen, Tupi, South Cotabato on Sunday, June 16.
1Lt. Efren James Halawig, the Civil-Military Operations officer of the 27th IB, said the three fighters were abandoned by their leader. They also directed the troops to the location of their camp, which resulted in a death of another rebel on the midnight of June 17.
Halawig said successive operations yielded one M14 rifle, one M653 rifle, one caliber .45 pistol, homemade Uzi, a rifle grenade, and subversive documents.
“These clearly manifest the unremitting efforts of these communists terrorist of misleading innocents to bear arms and leaving them in the height of a military offensive,” Lt. Col. Jones Otida, the 27th IB commander, said.
“Time and again, these desertions show that these so-called leaders have only caused death and pain to those who have decided to follow them,” Otida said.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid