Three communist rebels under a certain Kidlat were captured during a combat operation launched by the troops of the 27th Infantry Battalion in Sitio Pangi, Barangay Lunen, Tupi, South Cotabato on Sunday, June 16.
1Lt. Efren James Halawig, the Civil-Military Operations officer of the 27th IB, said the three fighters were abandoned by their leader. They also directed the troops to the location of their camp, which resulted in a death of another rebel on the midnight of June 17.
Halawig said successive operations yielded one M14 rifle, one M653 rifle, one caliber .45 pistol, homemade Uzi, a rifle grenade, and subversive documents.
“These clearly manifest the unremitting efforts of these communists terrorist of misleading innocents to bear arms and leaving them in the height of a military offensive,” Lt. Col. Jones Otida, the 27th IB commander, said.
“Time and again, these desertions show that these so-called leaders have only caused death and pain to those who have decided to follow them,” Otida said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market