A Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) official was killed during a buy-bust operation by the elements of the Sta. Ana Police Precinct along Pioneer Street of Barangay 28-C on Tuesday night.
Capt. Maria Theresita Gaspan, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, identified the suspect as Raymart Durias Duran, 23, an SK councilor of Brgy. 28-C and a resident of Gov. Sales Street.
According to the operating team, led by station commander Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the buy-bust transpired around 10:30 p.m. when the suspect handed a small sachet of shabu to an undercover agent for P500.
When the operative introduced himself as a police officer and tried to arrest Duran, the suspect drew his firearm and shot at the cop.
The operative also shot at the suspect and winged him on the right shoulder. But allegedly, that didn’t stop the suspect who still aimed his gun at the officer who was forced to shoot down the youth official.
He was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center through the police mobile but the doctors were not able to revive him.
The Scene of the Crime Operative team recovered one homemade .22 caliber revolver without serial number, four live bullets, and one cartridge. The three cartridges belonging to the officer’s 9mm service firearms were also recovered.
Recovered from Duran’s possession were three more sachets of shabu, along with the P500 marked money. The total stash amounted to around P2,000.
“This office received information from the Barangay Intelligence Network that the subject person is also involved in thievery incidents and robbery incidents and now peddling illegal drugs,” she said.
Also, the subject was considered as a street level target responsible for the distributing drugs within the Quezon Boulevard and Barangay 28-C areas.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months