Authorities are building up a case against operators of illegal investment companies in the region.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales told reporters Wednesday, at the sidelines of the IED awareness seminar conducted by the Philippine Bomb Data center at Grand Men Seng hotel, that the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force are closely monitoring the investment companies that continue to operate without the proper legal documents.
“Whoever those companies that are still conducting a secret operation will be the subject of our operations in coordination with the different concerned agencies of the Inter-Agency Task Force, ” he added.
Meanwhile, Maj. Jason Baria, spokesperson of PRO XI, said there are 13 individuals who filed a blotter against Titan 29, one person who filed a report on Power Play and another one on Questlink Marketing Services, where the chief executive officer and operations manager ran away with the P200 million invested by members.
“The DILG ordered to revoke their permits, ” Baria said. “We are also looking at the concerned agencies that will also be involved.”
Baria also clarified the 70 people who went to the Tagum City Police Station did not file a complaint. Only 15 of those filed a blotter and only one committed to pursue a case.
“I don’t know (if there are reports) against Kapa,” he added.
Also, Baria said they still have to receive the report about somebody who reportedly committed suicide after the Kapa was closed down.
Meanwhile, he said they are looking at the background of all the founders and officers of these investment companies to determine “if they are previously engaged in fraud.”
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months