The Municipality of Lanuza, Surigao del Sur and the Army in Caraga condemned the killing of a government militiaman abducted by the New People’s Army last month.
Capt. Francisco Garello Jr., the Civil-Military Operations officer of 401st Infantry Brigade, said the decomposing remains of Ryard Badiang, 24, a resident of Sitio Ibuan, Barangay Mampi, Lanuza, was discovered in Maitum, Tandag City, Surigado del Sur at 8:35 a.m. on June 14.
The body was brought to Arpilleda Funeral Homes in Madrid, Surigao del Sur.
It can be recalled that around 10 a.m. on May 30, 2019, the rebels allegedly abducted seven residents, including minors, of Sitio Ibuan while they were hauling timber. All the residents were released except for Badiang, a former rebel who became a member of the Citizen Auxiliary Force Geographical Unit (Cafgu).
In her statement, Lanuza Mayor Salvacion S. Azarcon offered her sympathies to the families of the vcitim.
“It is our regret that the CNTs (communist NPA terrorists) resort to a barbaric act unacceptable in a civilized community. We condemned once again in the highest form the CNTs of degrading the value of human life and killed Ryan like an animal,” she said.
Col. Maurito L. Licudine, commander of the 402nd Infantry Brigade, said the killing is a violation of the International Humanitarian Law, “which adds to the long list of atrocities committed against our people.”
“We urge the people of Lanuza and of Surigao del Sur to condemn in unison these atrocious acts of these terrorists,” Licudine added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success