The two-day training and awareness campaign on Halal at the Hijo Resorts in Tagum City, Davao del Norte opens Wednesday.
Organized by the regional office of the Department of Tourism, the Halal Open House for Hari Raya, is a training and awareness campaign both on Halal food preparation as well as other aspects of this Islamic way of life.
The event aims to “strengthen public-private partnerships in the promotion of tourism in Davao Region, create packages that are Halal friendly, impart skills in the preparation of halal dishes, and increase awareness about the essence of Halal Tourism, thereby increasing establishments who will be able to fulfill and cater to the halal needs of tourists, the agency said.
Islamic scholars will be on hand to enlighten the participants about the extent of the Islamic way.
The event will also be participated by tour operators and partners from tourism related establishments, local government units, national agencies, media, and other stakeholders.
The agency said that it “hopes to cultivate the essence of halal in the tourism value chain not only by awareness but also by enhancing the skills of its stakeholders.”
The event is conducted in the Davao Region as it is the gateway to Mindanao, the island known for its sizeable Muslim population.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos