The Eastern Mindanao Command and the Consul General of Indonesia in Davao City agreed to continuously enhance border security between the two neighbors, particularly in preventing terrorism and maritime crime in the Celebes Sea.
The agreement was initiated by Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., EastMinCom commander, and Consul General Dicky Fabrian.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the EastMinCom spokesperson, said the agreement was tackled during the courtesy call of the Indonesian official to the EastMinCom headquarters in the Naval Station Felix Apolinario in Panacan, Davao City on June 17.
They initially discussed the possible improvement of the Border Crossing Stations situated in Balut, Saranggani, Davao Occidental and Tibanban, Governor Generoso, Davao Oriental as part of the plan to strengthen border security.
They further talked about enhancing the regular conduct of coordinated patrols between the two countries as stated in the 1975 RP-RI Border Agreement.
The two countries increased the frequency of coordinated patrols this year. The first leg started on May 1 and concluded on May 10, while the second leg is expected to kick off on the second week of July 2019.
Likewise, during the call, the consul general extended his invitation to teach the Bahasa language to soldiers. He also invited the EastMinCom personnel to join the Indo Trade, Tourism and Food Expo in Davao City on July 12 to 14.
“Rest assured, the support of Eastern Mindanao Command (will continue) not only in securing our common border but also in all socio-economic activities of your consulate and Indonesian government benefitting the Indo-nationals in Eastern Mindanao and those that will strengthen the bilateral relations of our countries,” Santos told the consul general.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success