The information officer of Davao del Sur provincial government and his wife were arrested by the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) operatives for alleged illegal recruitment activities on Saturday afternoon in Padada, Davao del Sur.
DCPO Director Col. Alexander Tagum identified the couple as Sherwin Cesar, 46, and Joy Luy Madgus Cesar, 44, both of Tomas Claudio Street, Poblacion, Padada.
Cesar is the information officer of Davao del Sur Gov. Douglas Cagas while his wife is a treasurer of Barangay Poblacion, NCO District, Padada.
Tagum said agents of DCPO’s Sasa Police Station arrested the two during an operation at their house around 2 p.m.
Police operatives were armed with arrest warrant for syndicated illegal recruitment issued by Judge Ronald Tolentino of Regional Trial Court 11 Branch 52 in this city.
Major Reuben Libera, the Sasa station chief, said the couple supposedly recruited workers for Japan but failed to send out the recruits after they allegedly collected money from them.
Libera said the complainants are residents of Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District in this city, hence, the Sasa police conducted the operation against the suspects in Padada.
The two suspects are currently detained at Sasa police pending their presentation to the court.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission