The information officer of Davao del Sur provincial government and his wife were arrested by the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) operatives for alleged illegal recruitment activities on Saturday afternoon in Padada, Davao del Sur.
DCPO Director Col. Alexander Tagum identified the couple as Sherwin Cesar, 46, and Joy Luy Madgus Cesar, 44, both of Tomas Claudio Street, Poblacion, Padada.
Cesar is the information officer of Davao del Sur Gov. Douglas Cagas while his wife is a treasurer of Barangay Poblacion, NCO District, Padada.
Tagum said agents of DCPO’s Sasa Police Station arrested the two during an operation at their house around 2 p.m.
Police operatives were armed with arrest warrant for syndicated illegal recruitment issued by Judge Ronald Tolentino of Regional Trial Court 11 Branch 52 in this city.
Major Reuben Libera, the Sasa station chief, said the couple supposedly recruited workers for Japan but failed to send out the recruits after they allegedly collected money from them.
Libera said the complainants are residents of Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District in this city, hence, the Sasa police conducted the operation against the suspects in Padada.
The two suspects are currently detained at Sasa police pending their presentation to the court.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories