Davao City – The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) Region XI chapter gears up for the coming Regional 3-on-3 competition which is set this August during their recent officials Summit at the Royal Mandaya Hotel, Saturday.
“We will be having our city and provincial elimination round for boys and girls under 18 years-old,” said SBP-XI regional commissioner Atty. Francis Calatrava.
“Champion teams from different chapters will converge here in Davao for the regional eliminations with the champion teams moving on to the national finals. It will be held sometime October after all chapters will have their own elimination rounds,” added Calatrava who graced the Summit along with SBP Regional Operations head Ronnel Leuterio and SBP Regional Director Glen Escandor.
“We were happy that the SBP Regional Summit was graced by the different representatives from all over the region,” Leuterio said.
Escandor on the other hand, thanked Leuterio and Calatrava for arranging the SBP Summit which is part of the group’s aim to reach those areas in promoting the sport on a grassroots level basis.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon