The City Treasurer’s Office (CTO) will penalize taxpayers who failed to settle their real property tax (RPT) due on June 30, 2019, an official said.
“The first quarter payment will be until the end of this month only. There will be no more extension. If they fail to pay, there will be corresponding penalties,” said City Treasurer Erwin Alparaque.
Alparaque said their office will no longer offer second extension for payment of the RPT for the first quarter of the year because the property owners have been duly informed of the extension to pay their obligations.
He said the real property taxpayers should also remember that while the payment of tax dues for the first quarter had been extended, the real property taxes due for the second should be also be paid before the month ends.
The local government had the first extension of the payment of property taxes for the first quarter to June 30, 2019, after it encountered problems with its system when it implemented the increase in property tax rates.
“We only extended the payment for the first quarter, the second quarter is still due by the end of June,” Alparaque said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission