The City Treasurer’s Office (CTO) will penalize taxpayers who failed to settle their real property tax (RPT) due on June 30, 2019, an official said.
“The first quarter payment will be until the end of this month only. There will be no more extension. If they fail to pay, there will be corresponding penalties,” said City Treasurer Erwin Alparaque.
Alparaque said their office will no longer offer second extension for payment of the RPT for the first quarter of the year because the property owners have been duly informed of the extension to pay their obligations.
He said the real property taxpayers should also remember that while the payment of tax dues for the first quarter had been extended, the real property taxes due for the second should be also be paid before the month ends.
The local government had the first extension of the payment of property taxes for the first quarter to June 30, 2019, after it encountered problems with its system when it implemented the increase in property tax rates.
“We only extended the payment for the first quarter, the second quarter is still due by the end of June,” Alparaque said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy