An extortion gang allegedly uses the name of Police Regional Director Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales in their illegal activities.
Morales has warned the public against the “malicious” text messages.
He sad the suspect/s are sending text intimidating messages, allegedly using his name, to threaten potential victims that would lead to extortion.
Morales said he has not authorized anyone to use his name.
The director said he has directed his investigators to look into the matter so that the culprit will be brought to justice.
The police chief urged the public who received such text message to immediately report it to the nearest police station.
Likewise, he asked the public to support the police in the campaign against any scams by providing relevant information immediately to the nearest police stations or through PRO11 Hotline Number (09985987026), Social Media Account (Pulis Rehiyon Onse 11) or directly to the Regional Director’s Office thru this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and telefax: (082) 234 8660.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence