An extortion gang allegedly uses the name of Police Regional Director Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales in their illegal activities.
Morales has warned the public against the “malicious” text messages.
He sad the suspect/s are sending text intimidating messages, allegedly using his name, to threaten potential victims that would lead to extortion.
Morales said he has not authorized anyone to use his name.
The director said he has directed his investigators to look into the matter so that the culprit will be brought to justice.
The police chief urged the public who received such text message to immediately report it to the nearest police station.
Likewise, he asked the public to support the police in the campaign against any scams by providing relevant information immediately to the nearest police stations or through PRO11 Hotline Number (09985987026), Social Media Account (Pulis Rehiyon Onse 11) or directly to the Regional Director’s Office thru this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and telefax: (082) 234 8660.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success