An extortion gang allegedly uses the name of Police Regional Director Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales in their illegal activities.
Morales has warned the public against the “malicious” text messages.
He sad the suspect/s are sending text intimidating messages, allegedly using his name, to threaten potential victims that would lead to extortion.
Morales said he has not authorized anyone to use his name.
The director said he has directed his investigators to look into the matter so that the culprit will be brought to justice.
The police chief urged the public who received such text message to immediately report it to the nearest police station.
Likewise, he asked the public to support the police in the campaign against any scams by providing relevant information immediately to the nearest police stations or through PRO11 Hotline Number (09985987026), Social Media Account (Pulis Rehiyon Onse 11) or directly to the Regional Director’s Office thru this email address: email@example.com and telefax: (082) 234 8660.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories