Police arrested seven alleged drug pushers Sunday night in anti-drug operations in Barangay Dumoy and Barangay Ma-a, both in Talomo District.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the chief of Toril Police Station, said the first operation was conducted at 8:30 p.m. in Block 9, Farland Extension, Dumoy.
Clamor said the operation resulted in the arrest of
Talomo Districts residents John Rey Batooy Dafielmoto, 36, of Barangay Matina Aplaya; Carlo Vicente Golbeque, 19, of Barangay Ma-a; Raymon Lacida, 24, John Jabla, 26, Jeffrey Bulaga Pinatubo, 28, and Raymond Pleños Escurzon, 32, all of Ulas, Barangay Talomo Proper. All suspects are single and jobless.
He said the arrested persons are all under the Directorate of Intelligence(DI) watch list.
The Toril police chief said they allegedly confiscated one small sachet containing shabu worth P1,000, illegal drugs paraphernalia, two disposable lighters with improvised needle, two aluminium foil strips, two aluminium foil tooter and one small square shape open transparent plastic sachet with shabu residue.
At 10:34 p.m. of the same day , the operatives of the same office, in coordination with the Philippines Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, conducted a buy-bust operation along 1st Courage Street in Don Julian Village, Ma-a.
The operation resulted in the arrest of April Chielo Palad, 34 , bussinesswoman, resident of the said street.
Clamor said Palad sold a sachet of shabu to a police officer who acted as buyer.
They also seized 20 other small sachets of shabu with an estimated value of P40,000.
Clamor said the all the arrested suspects, while they were arrested in Talomo District, are all operating their drug trade in Toril District.
All the arrested suspects are now detained at Toril Police Precinct pending the filing of appropriate drug charges.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission