Police arrested seven alleged drug pushers Sunday night in anti-drug operations in Barangay Dumoy and Barangay Ma-a, both in Talomo District.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the chief of Toril Police Station, said the first operation was conducted at 8:30 p.m. in Block 9, Farland Extension, Dumoy.
Clamor said the operation resulted in the arrest of
Talomo Districts residents John Rey Batooy Dafielmoto, 36, of Barangay Matina Aplaya; Carlo Vicente Golbeque, 19, of Barangay Ma-a; Raymon Lacida, 24, John Jabla, 26, Jeffrey Bulaga Pinatubo, 28, and Raymond Pleños Escurzon, 32, all of Ulas, Barangay Talomo Proper. All suspects are single and jobless.
He said the arrested persons are all under the Directorate of Intelligence(DI) watch list.
The Toril police chief said they allegedly confiscated one small sachet containing shabu worth P1,000, illegal drugs paraphernalia, two disposable lighters with improvised needle, two aluminium foil strips, two aluminium foil tooter and one small square shape open transparent plastic sachet with shabu residue.
At 10:34 p.m. of the same day , the operatives of the same office, in coordination with the Philippines Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, conducted a buy-bust operation along 1st Courage Street in Don Julian Village, Ma-a.
The operation resulted in the arrest of April Chielo Palad, 34 , bussinesswoman, resident of the said street.
Clamor said Palad sold a sachet of shabu to a police officer who acted as buyer.
They also seized 20 other small sachets of shabu with an estimated value of P40,000.
Clamor said the all the arrested suspects, while they were arrested in Talomo District, are all operating their drug trade in Toril District.
All the arrested suspects are now detained at Toril Police Precinct pending the filing of appropriate drug charges.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls