The City government is pushing to declare 15 flashflood and landslide prone areas in the city as “no build and habitation zones” to prevent disasters that may lead to loss of lives and properties.
The City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (CDRRMO) has already adopted the recommendation and will soon endorse the measure to the City Council for approval, its chief Alfredo Baloran said.
The flood-prone areas include Dike, Phase 3, NHA-Bangkal in Barangay Talomo Proper; San Juan Village, Bangkal in Barangay Talomo Proper; Taal Riverside in Barangay Talomo Proper; Purok Lugot, Suraya Homes in Barangay Cabantian; and New San Isidro in Buhangin; and Purok 23, Kuot, Davao Impress Subdivision in Barangay Sasa.
While the landslide-prone areas are Purok Damayan in Barangay Buhangin Proper; Old Smokey Mountain in Barangay Matina Pangi; Quinones Compound in Barangay Matina Crossing; Purok 29-B, SPDA in Barangay Panacan; Phase 1, Greenland Subdivision in Barangay Cabantian; Purok 46, San Vicente in Barangay Talomo Proper; Phase 3, Wellspring in Barangay Catalunan Pequeño; Abrazaldo Compound in Barangay Matina Crossing; and Sitio Gulay, Sincere Subdivision in Catalunan Pequeño.
Talomo Proper, Matina Pangi, Matina Crossing and Catalunan Pequeño are all barangays in Talomo District in the first district. Cabantian, Sasa and Buhangin Proper are in Buhangin District while Panacan is in Bunawan District, all in the second district.
“We are doing this to ensure that they will be safe from calamities. It is better if we will adopt mitigating measures. Those areas are dangerous for people, especially during the rainy season,” Baloran said.
The city housing will also conduct an inspection of all residents living in the area to determine if they qualify for housing relocation.
While the City Engineer’s Office will demolish structures inside the no-build and habitation zones to ensure safety especially during calamities.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission