A Japan surplus shop was razed to ground in a two-hour fire in Barangay Bago Aplaya, Talomo District on Saturday night.
Probers said the fire hit J-15 Shop Japan Surplus Inc., owned by Junaida Pancho, at around 9:30 p.m., damaging around P5 million.
Senior Fire Officer 3 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigation officer of the Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP) XI, said the fire started at the building’s second floor, particularly in its ceiling.
Based on the investigation, grounded electrical wire caused the fire.
Firefighters from the BFP and other fire volunteers responded to contain the fire.
Gillado said the fire was put under control at 10:25 p.m. and was declared fire out by 11:22 p.m.
There was no reported casualty during the fire.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories