A Japan surplus shop was razed to ground in a two-hour fire in Barangay Bago Aplaya, Talomo District on Saturday night.
Probers said the fire hit J-15 Shop Japan Surplus Inc., owned by Junaida Pancho, at around 9:30 p.m., damaging around P5 million.
Senior Fire Officer 3 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigation officer of the Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP) XI, said the fire started at the building’s second floor, particularly in its ceiling.
Based on the investigation, grounded electrical wire caused the fire.
Firefighters from the BFP and other fire volunteers responded to contain the fire.
Gillado said the fire was put under control at 10:25 p.m. and was declared fire out by 11:22 p.m.
There was no reported casualty during the fire.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success