A Japan surplus shop was razed to ground in a two-hour fire in Barangay Bago Aplaya, Talomo District on Saturday night.
Probers said the fire hit J-15 Shop Japan Surplus Inc., owned by Junaida Pancho, at around 9:30 p.m., damaging around P5 million.
Senior Fire Officer 3 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigation officer of the Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP) XI, said the fire started at the building’s second floor, particularly in its ceiling.
Based on the investigation, grounded electrical wire caused the fire.
Firefighters from the BFP and other fire volunteers responded to contain the fire.
Gillado said the fire was put under control at 10:25 p.m. and was declared fire out by 11:22 p.m.
There was no reported casualty during the fire.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence