Educators from the Mandaya tribe were able to benefit from the Mandaya grammar-writing workshop organized by UP Mindanao’s Department of Social Sciences.
The workshop is part the school’s community service to teach Mandaya educators create instructional materials to promote mother tongue-based multi-lingual education for kinder to grade 3 learners.
“This workshop is historic for being the first grammar-writing workshop for the Mandaya language,” Dr. Ricardo Nolasco of the UP Department of Linguistics said.
“We need this workshop to develop the academic language for math and science. I’m glad that the participants are involved in making the workshop output, which is a working spelling system and a working grammar,” he elaborated.
Participants were also taught the Bloom software application since the participants were asked to present their instructional materials containing samples of Mandaya language spelling and grammar.
The workshop was supported by the UP Academic Program Improvement Fund.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village