The second most wanted man in Danao, Cebu City was arrested by authorities in a manhunt operation in Davao de Oro on Friday, May 31.
Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, identified him as Francisco Olivar , 40, single, and resident of Guisok, Tuburan Sur, Danao City.
According to the report of PRO XI, the tracker team of the Tagum City Police Station, Criminal investigation and Detection Group-Cebu City, Regional Mobile Force Battalion VII, and Mabini Municipal Police Station arrested the suspect around 10 a.m.
Olivar has two pending counts of rape under Criminal Case Number DNO-10904-MV and DNO-10905-MV on the complaint of his 14-year-old relative in 2018.
Further, the person was arrested in Barangay Mauswagon, Mabini, Davao de Oro and listed as Top 2 most wanted person in Danao Cebu by virtue of warrant of arrest issued by Judge Ma. Josefa C. Pinza- Ramos of Regional Trial Court Branch 25, Danao City with no bail recommended.
According to Brig. Gen. Marcelo C. Morales, regional director, the manhunt operations against fugitives is being carried out throughout Region XI.
“We are doing this for everyone to be safe and secured and we guarantee that there’s no room here in Davao Region for fugitives, ” Morales said.
Meanwhile, the fugitive was already brought to Cebu City so he could face the charge against him.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success