The police regional police office is campaigning against school bullying to safeguard students.
During the first day of school, Police Regional Director Marcelo Morales and his staff visited the most populated public schools in the city to personally launch the campaign.
Brig. Gen. Morales was in Matina Central Elementary School, Magallanes Elementary School, and the Davao City National High School to lead the distribution of leaflets advocating against bullying in schools during the opening of classes Monday.
The leaflets contain information and tips on how students should handle themselves in case they are targeted for bullying.
Morales said no student should be victimized by his/her classmates, schoolmates, officials or neighborhood toughies in and outside the school.
The police have coordinated with school officials to conduct police visibility operations at school premises to prevent cases of bullying.
Education officials have not released records of bullying incidents.
A few years ago, a student of a downtown elementary public school stabbed a schoolmate in a bullying incident.
Meanwhile, police regional spokesperson Maj. Jason Baria reported that the opening of classes yesterday was orderly as they received no school-related complaints.
The regional police office deployed around 3,000 officers in all school campuses to safeguard the students.
A police assistance desk was also established at each schools.
Also yesterday, there were reported traffic build-up in some intersections and major streets as the volumes of vehicles increased.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos