The police regional police office is campaigning against school bullying to safeguard students.
During the first day of school, Police Regional Director Marcelo Morales and his staff visited the most populated public schools in the city to personally launch the campaign.
Brig. Gen. Morales was in Matina Central Elementary School, Magallanes Elementary School, and the Davao City National High School to lead the distribution of leaflets advocating against bullying in schools during the opening of classes Monday.
The leaflets contain information and tips on how students should handle themselves in case they are targeted for bullying.
Morales said no student should be victimized by his/her classmates, schoolmates, officials or neighborhood toughies in and outside the school.
The police have coordinated with school officials to conduct police visibility operations at school premises to prevent cases of bullying.
Education officials have not released records of bullying incidents.
A few years ago, a student of a downtown elementary public school stabbed a schoolmate in a bullying incident.
Meanwhile, police regional spokesperson Maj. Jason Baria reported that the opening of classes yesterday was orderly as they received no school-related complaints.
The regional police office deployed around 3,000 officers in all school campuses to safeguard the students.
A police assistance desk was also established at each schools.
Also yesterday, there were reported traffic build-up in some intersections and major streets as the volumes of vehicles increased.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories