The Military’s Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) has hailed the bayanihan in putting up a government school in an isolated sitio in Compostela, Compostela Valley.
Lt. Gen. Felimon Santos, Jr., EastMinCom commander, lauded Gov. Tyron Uy for leading the bayanihan spirit that involved the different stakeholders, particularly the community, in putting up the school building in just 15 days in the once conflict-affected area in Sitio Puting Bato, Barangay Ngan, Compostela,
The school building was turned over to the Department of Education on Friday in a ceremony led by the governor himself.
“This is a testament that it can resolve the root causes of conflict,” Santos said.
“This and other projects of the governor in addressing the issues of conflict and his strong resolve of ending insurgency… will surely concretize the peace gains and make it durable and sustainable,” Santos added.
As Regional Peace and Order Council chair, Uy is pushing a comprehensive approach in addressing insurgency by integrating all effort of different agencies in a Regional Security Plan and aligned it with the Regional Development Plan of the Region.
The governor pushed the construction of the school after the community expressed their disapproval on the existence of the Salugpungan school in the sitio and demanded its eventual demolition.
The construction started after the governor led the kick off ceremony last May 15, which was attended by Major Gen. Jose Faustino Jr., commander of the 10th Infantry Division, Col. Manuel Sequitin, commander of the 701st Infantry Brigade, Compostela mayor Lema Bolo and other stakeholders.
Prior to the kick-off, social preparation was made by the town government and the Community Support Team (CST) of the 66th Infantry Battalion to ensure the acceptance and commitment of the community on the project.
The project is a convergence effort of the Gawad Kalinga, 10th ID, the local governments of Compostela Valley and Compostela town, Department of Education, the community, and other partner organizations.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021