A driver was caught in the act of sniffing rugby last Monday.
The volatile substance, commonly used as an inhalant to achieve a euphoric effect, was put inside a 300 ml Royal True Orange plastic bottle.
The suspect was identified as Lemuel Jake Genova, 22, a resident of Kasilak, Bucana, Barangay 76-A. He claimed that he was using the substance to stay awake.
Inhalants like rugby, however, are considered a depressant rather than a stimulant. One of the side-effects is drowsiness.
The suspect is now under the custody of San Pedro Police Station.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission