A driver was caught in the act of sniffing rugby last Monday.
The volatile substance, commonly used as an inhalant to achieve a euphoric effect, was put inside a 300 ml Royal True Orange plastic bottle.
The suspect was identified as Lemuel Jake Genova, 22, a resident of Kasilak, Bucana, Barangay 76-A. He claimed that he was using the substance to stay awake.
Inhalants like rugby, however, are considered a depressant rather than a stimulant. One of the side-effects is drowsiness.
The suspect is now under the custody of San Pedro Police Station.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories