Almost P400,000 worth of drugs were seized by elements of the Toril police from a businessman during a buy-bust operation in Sto. Niño, Barangay Marapangi, Toril District around 2 p.m. yesterday.
The Toril Police Station, led by its commander Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, arrested Edmund Bahaya Asarak, 43, a resident of Barangay Biao,Digos City and a transient of Sto. Niño.
He reportedly sold one big sachet of shabu to a police undercover in exchange for P17,000.
The suspect is a newly identified drug dealer in the area.
Along with three other big sachets of shabu, also confiscated from the suspect was the Nokia cellular phone used in the transaction.
For now, the suspect is already detained in the Toril Police Station for filing of appropriate case in violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
(By Rhoda Grace B. Saron and James Steven V. Batucan)
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach