Almost P400,000 worth of drugs were seized by elements of the Toril police from a businessman during a buy-bust operation in Sto. Niño, Barangay Marapangi, Toril District around 2 p.m. yesterday.
The Toril Police Station, led by its commander Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, arrested Edmund Bahaya Asarak, 43, a resident of Barangay Biao,Digos City and a transient of Sto. Niño.
He reportedly sold one big sachet of shabu to a police undercover in exchange for P17,000.
The suspect is a newly identified drug dealer in the area.
Along with three other big sachets of shabu, also confiscated from the suspect was the Nokia cellular phone used in the transaction.
For now, the suspect is already detained in the Toril Police Station for filing of appropriate case in violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
(By Rhoda Grace B. Saron and James Steven V. Batucan)
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market