The University of Mindanao (UM) achieved another feat as two students were among the Top 10 examinees nationwide in the Certified Public Accountant licensure exam.
Based on the result released Monday, Leinard Jan Zaspa ranked second with a score of 88.50% while Kenneth Jay Norberte ranked ninth with a score of 86.67%.
Their achievement is especially noteworthy as the CPA licensure examination posted a passing rate of only 16.47%.
This means that out of the 10,319 who took the exams, only 1,699 passed, according to data by the Professional Regulation Commission.
UM had a rating of 52.94% for first time takers against the national passing rate of only 13.27%, and another 26.83% for repeat takers compared to only 18.58% of the national passing rate.
The result of the CPA licensure exam came on the heels of the release of the March 2019 Licensure Examination for Teachers, where 10 UM students ranked as top ten examinees nationwide.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months