The University of Mindanao (UM) achieved another feat as two students were among the Top 10 examinees nationwide in the Certified Public Accountant licensure exam.
Based on the result released Monday, Leinard Jan Zaspa ranked second with a score of 88.50% while Kenneth Jay Norberte ranked ninth with a score of 86.67%.
Their achievement is especially noteworthy as the CPA licensure examination posted a passing rate of only 16.47%.
This means that out of the 10,319 who took the exams, only 1,699 passed, according to data by the Professional Regulation Commission.
UM had a rating of 52.94% for first time takers against the national passing rate of only 13.27%, and another 26.83% for repeat takers compared to only 18.58% of the national passing rate.
The result of the CPA licensure exam came on the heels of the release of the March 2019 Licensure Examination for Teachers, where 10 UM students ranked as top ten examinees nationwide.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories