The University of Mindanao (UM) achieved another feat as two students were among the Top 10 examinees nationwide in the Certified Public Accountant licensure exam.
Based on the result released Monday, Leinard Jan Zaspa ranked second with a score of 88.50% while Kenneth Jay Norberte ranked ninth with a score of 86.67%.
Their achievement is especially noteworthy as the CPA licensure examination posted a passing rate of only 16.47%.
This means that out of the 10,319 who took the exams, only 1,699 passed, according to data by the Professional Regulation Commission.
UM had a rating of 52.94% for first time takers against the national passing rate of only 13.27%, and another 26.83% for repeat takers compared to only 18.58% of the national passing rate.
The result of the CPA licensure exam came on the heels of the release of the March 2019 Licensure Examination for Teachers, where 10 UM students ranked as top ten examinees nationwide.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead