The trade mission from the city promoted agriculture, tourism, and information and communications technology (ICT) sectors to about 50 South Korean traders during a three-day investment and tourism roadshow in Seoul, South Korea last week.
Lemuel Ortonio, head of the Davao City Investment and Promotions Center, said the roadshow allowed the mission to present to the Korean investors the investment opportunities in the city.
During the roadshow, the trade mission held a product presentation at the Philippine Embassy to the Korean tour operators, with the assistance of the Department of Tourism (DOT).
The businessmen who joined the business forum showed interest in the agricultural products of the city, the cacao beans and nibs supply. Seaweeds trading and pet bottle recycling machines were also among the interests of the investors, said Ortonio.
Heading the delegation was City Administrator Zuleika Lopez with members included the officials and members of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (DCCCII), representatives of the Department of Trade and Industry and some councilors.
Participating in the investment meeting were members of the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI), considered the the largest business organization in the country with an estimated 180,000 members.
Afterwards, the delegation visited the Seoul Food Expo and Kintex International Convention Center.
“The visit to these places and events provided a very good opportunity to learn their best practices and to gain insight on market sensing and surveying,” Ortonio said.
A similar roadshow was also conducted in the four cities in Japan last year and, in Malaysia and Singapore in the previous years.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1